26 June 2013

Paris 5 - Château de Versailles

 Paris 5 - Château de Versailles (+ The Self Guided Walk Tour for my brother, A, who just followed because of med school)
 Château de Versailles is 20 mins away by train (RER C) from Paris. This is the view from Versailles-Château RER C Station to the Palace. It's a short but lovely five-minute walk.

 The Palace
 Statue of King Louis XIV


Sweater, Baguio City
Scarf, Stolen from my Mom's closet
Creepers, Harajuku, Japan
Sunnies, H&M
 The interior court of the Palace of Versailles

 The palace is overwhelming.
I suddenly became a fan of Baroque Architecture and Interior. Seriously. I no longer have a dream house but a dream Château!
 The Grand Trianon
 Mesdame' Apartments (Victoire's and Adelaide's)
(First Antechamber - Second Antechamber - Interior Chamber - Large Chamber - Library)
From the ergonomics up to the fabrics used in the furniture pieces, you'll know it was designed for the royal family. 


 Hoqueton's Salon with trompe-l’oeil decor and details 

 First family picture in France with The North Parterre in the background
 The South Parterre
 The Royal Chapel

Detail shots from the Mars Salon, Apollo Salon, and the King's Chamber:



 Tourist Mode at The Peace Salon
 The Hall of Mirros or La Grande Galerie in French
Eat your heart out, The Venetian
 If you're wondering why the photos I'm posting now are slightly better than the ones I posted with my previous posts, it's because these photos were taken and edited by my awesome sister, Angel.
When people ask me about my favorite part of the trip in France, my answer is definitely the Versailles Palace. 
 Just like our first day in Paris, we took A to the Arc de Triomphe down to Avenue des Champs-Elyseés and Jardin de Tuilleries.

To give you all an idea about the 284-step spiral stairs, here's an elevation of the Arc de Triomphe:




Fooling around at Jardin de Tuilleries. #AsianProblems
 And before ending the day, I convinced my mom to stop by Laduree for Macarons and Tea.



Day 6 (Louvre Museum) Coming Soon!


Gimme some love!




7 comments:

  1. i don't even know where to begin with this post.. first of all, it's been a while since i last visited your blog.. aaahhh!! i miss your quirky sense of fashion.. secondly, i mean.. PARIS.. wow!!! was supposed to go this august but decided not to push thru with it since i think i want to save more for next year's trip. but this is making me so jealous!!! hahahaha!! :D gorgeous photos!! can't wait to really visit in 2014!

    Click me for my BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Libys11! How are you??? Paris is AMAZING! My dreams and goals changed after my eurotrip. I hope your trip will push through, it's worth it!

      Delete
  2. Aivan! I love this post. It's really a peek at where to visit when one goes to Paris. Again, I'm jealous. You're living the life of travel and that's amazing! <3

    hearts,
    Melai of Style and Soul

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww... so jealous. that's my favorite place, a place that i wanted to visit before i die. haha! anyway, i like your style! keep it up! :)

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Versailles is amazing! Thanks so much :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome pictures! I love your style, where do you go shopping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy shopping at local Markets in every city I visit. (Granville Road in Hong Kong, Myeong-dong and Dongdaemun in Seoul, Harajuku in Tokyo, Chatuchak in Bangkok)

      Delete